Jonathan Rhys Meyers had an altercation with French police earlier today. The reports claim Meyers was handcuffed and questioned after he allegedly, while drunk, challenged police to a fight at Charles DeGaulle Airport.
According to The Sun, police allegedly handcuffed the ‘Tudors’ actor after he challenged them to a brawl, as he was preparing to fly out of the country.
The newspaper goes on to claim that the actor threw euros at the officials and bragged of his wealth, before shouting: “You wanna hit me? Hit me!”
Rhys Meyers was released from police custody after several hours pending further investigations.
In 2007, he was arrested and charged with being drunk and disorderly at Dublin airport but the charges were later dropped.
- Source: Jonathan Rhys Meyers did not attempt suicide
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers becomes the undead in NBC’s Dracula
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers gets dapper for “Belle du Seigneur”
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers gets cookin’!
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers emerges in London for fashion