David Beckham didn’t let an injury from cheering on his mates at the World Cup. The 35-year-old midfielder who tore his left Achilles’ tendon while playing for AC Milan on March 14th, cheered on the English team in their match against the United States held at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium Rustenburg, South Africa on Saturday, June 12th, 2010.
Bex seems to have been split in his support, much as I was, since his home country team played his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates, Landon Donovan and Edson Buddle.
Donovan, who jokingly claims to have not spoken with David because he is “a spy,” showed the sexy stud some love.
“I think he’s almost single-handedly brought an awareness to our game that wasn’t there before,” Donovan said. “It would be one thing if he did that subconsciously without knowing and without putting effort into it, but he puts a lot of effort to helping grow the game in our country, and I think we all appreciate that.”
This would have been Beckham’s fourth World Cup appearance.
Photo Cred: Getty Images
- David Beckham departs for South Africa
- David Beckham and Snoop Dogg star in new Star Wars Adidas commercial!
- David Letterman takes on USA Soccer star Landon Donovan
- Cristiano Ronaldo remains confident in World Cup gold
- Siempre Mujer readers crown Rafa Marquez as Soccer’s Sexiest Player