The British Comedian has blogged that he’s about to begin work on a Chinese version of his smash hit TV show. Gervais wrote:
“I have some amazing news … We are about to start work on developing a Chinese The Office. How cool is that?”
Gervais, 49, already serves as producer for the US version of the comedy which debuted in March, 2005 and is about to launch into its seventh season on the 23rd of September. With the confirmed departure of Steve Carell, who will leave the show at the end of season seven, there was speculation that perhaps Gervais would take up the slack but he denied any such ideas.
“I’m not taking over from Steve Carell, I created the show and all the characters, and own the format. It’s being syndicated now and I get paid every time any episode of any version is played anywhere in the world.” If it’s true, what do you guys think about another version of The Office? Should Gervais be leaving well enough alone with two hit versions under his belt?
- OMG: Ricky Gervais to reprise role of David Brent on “The Office”
- Steve Carell and Ed Helms step outside “The Office”
- With Ricky Gervais returning as Golden Globe host, expect to be offended!
- The Office cast celebrate 100th episode
- OMG Karen Filippelli is pregnant!