Rooney Mara (Nightmare on Elm Street, The Winning Season) has landed the highly coveted role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the first of three Sony Pictures films to be adapted for the screen, based on Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy book series.
The film will co-star James Bond himself Daniel Craig and is to be directed by David Fincher with a release date looking toward 2011.
It’s a huge role for Mara, with another potential blockbuster due to roll out this year in The Social Network (also helmed by Fincher) that tells the story behind networking giant Facebook and co-stars Kevin Spacey, Scott Rudin and Michael De Luca. I’m excited to see where they run with this adaption of the book, what do you guys think about Rooney’s casting as Lisbeth?
- Harry Potter’s first edition makes lots of $$$ magically appear!
- Watch out Miami: Dexter author is coming to town!
- Alyssa Milano pens baseball book
- Simon Pegg and Daniel Craig bring ‘The Adventures of Tintin’ to London
- Newly married Daniel Craig strikes a pose for Esquire Magazine