By their hotness combined…
Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper are signed on to star in an as-of-yet untitled action comedy written by Sheldon Turner (The Longest Yard, Up in the Air) that tells the story of two San Francisco cop buddies that find themselves partnering up with their retired cop fathers in order to crack a case.
The Hollywood Reporter tells that the unnamed flick, formally pitched as Blowback five years ago with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson attached, will carry something of a Lethal Weapon flavor with an edgier feel.
While the project has no studio attached yet, Neal Moritz (one of the producers on board along with Andrew Panay (Wedding Crashers), Reynolds’ Dark Trick Films partner Jonathon Komack Martin, J.C. Spink and Chris Bender) has his Original Film banner housed at Sony, where he is also producing The Green Hornet.
What do you think about this team up, and the idea of another buddy cop movie doing the rounds?
- Spotted: Ryan Reynolds & ScarJo
- Ryan Reynolds plans to adopt!
- Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool may be dead in the water
- Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, and Kevin Bacon mingle on ‘R.I.P.D.’ set
- It’s Over: Ryan Reynolds, Arnold Schwarzenegger & Patricia Arquette