Ahh don’t feel bad for Eggs, he may have met an untimely death on “True Blood” but the actor Mehcad Brooks is headed for a new show! Brooks, who went on to star in the short lived ABC mokumentary My Generation, has been tapped to star in the new USA Network pilot, “Nessesarry Roughness” according to Deadline.com.
Here are the deets:
Roughness, from Sony TV, centers on tough, sexy Long Island divorcee Danielle Santino (Callie Thorne), who, to make ends meet, becomes the therapist for a professional football team and quickly becomes sought after by other athletes, musicians, politicians and those living in the spotlight.
Brooks will play one of her clients: a star wide receiver for the Hawks who has been unable to hold onto the ball recently while regularly getting into trouble with the law. Initially pissed about being forced into counseling with Dani, he winds up bonding closely with her.
No word yet as to when this pilot will hit the air, but we will keep you posted.
- Gaius Charles Talks the Smash in Necessary Roughness, TK/Damon Future
- Mehcad Brooks Teases TK’s Pain & Gain on Necessary Roughness
- ‘Necessary Roughness’ Renewed for Season 2, Mehcad Brooks Is All Smiles!
- Necessary Awesome! Marc Blucas and Terrell Owens Talk Necessary Roughness Finale
- “Necessary Roughness”, “The Newsroom” Near Finales: Awards Better Be Coming!