Fresh off a flight from his native United Kingdom, Colin Firth and his breathtaking wife Livia Giuggioli walked the red carpet at the premiere of “The King’s Speech” held at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Monday, November 8th, 2010 in New York City.
Also in attendance were director Tom Hooper and Helena Bonham Carter who also stars in the historical drama about King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of it.
The quirky Bonham Carter is set to play the role of Queen Elizabeth.
“The King’s Speech” has been earning accolades from critics who have viewed the film during its showing at various film festivals all over the world. You will want to see this when it opens in theaters on November 26th, 2010.
Photo Cred: Wire Image
- The King’s Speech wins big at the Director’s Guild Awards
- Colin Firth premieres “The King’s Speech” in London
- Colin Firth cuddles up to “The Kings Speech” co-stars
- Colin Firth wins big at the SAG Awards
- The King’s Speech Oscar wins honor stuttering community