International superstar Shakira was photographed during the filming of the Freixenet Champagne Christmas advertisement in Barcelona, Spain on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010. The philanthropic Colombiana did the work in exchange for a donation of 500,000 euros (660,000 dollars) to her Pies Descalzos Foundation.
The money made from this ad will be used to build two schools, one in Haiti and the other in her native Colombia.
“Education is a birthright and a quality education is the only tool that a child has to turns dreams into reality,” the 33-year-old said.
“Since I was a girl I have been been aware of the tough reality faced by many children.”
According to AFP, under the deal Freixenet will also produce a videoclip for Shakira’s song “Sale el sol” as well as as a documentary about the singer’s philanthropic work, whose Pies Descalzos foundation already manages six schools in Colombia.
Photo Cred: Fame Pictures
- Shakira honored as “Person of the Year” in Las Vegas
- Shakira confirms she’s expecting a baby boy!
- Shakira is pregnant with Gerard Pique’s baby! Her daddy confirms big news!!
- Shakira and Gerard Pique Throw Global Babyshower and You’re Invited!
- Golden girl Shakira films a new music video