If you think the talent in the Wahlberg family ends with Mark and Donnie, you are dead wrong! Their brother Paul is a chef and owner of the Mediterranean and Italian restaurant called Alma Nove in Hingham, Massachusetts.
The name was inspired by the family matriarch Alma and Nove, which means nine in Italian, represents each of her nine children.
Chef Paul spoke with Food and Wine Magazine recently and shared a very special recipe with readers that is on the menu at the request of brother Mark. It is their mother’s recipe and though you might come close, Mark says no one makes is like Alma! (so sweet!)
For those of you trying to capture the heart of a Wahlberg or anyone for that matter, try out this delish recipe.
Alma’s Macaroni Salad
10 to 12 Servings; Total: 25 min
1 pound elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon celery salt
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup finely diced celery
3 tablespoons diced red onion (optional)
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain, then rinse the macaroni until cool. Drain very well.
2. In a large bowl, toss the macaroni with the oil. Add the garlic powder, celery salt and mayonnaise and toss to coat. Stir in the green pepper, celery, onion and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
- Donnie Wahlberg plays poker for the kids
- Mark Wahlberg suits up for the family
- Donnie Wahlberg shoots some hoops on set of ‘Blue Bloods’
- Mark Wahlberg shows fans some love
- Mark Wahlberg gets married!