In what was a big day for Colin Firth and his fans around the world, our favorite British actor was honored with the 2,429th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday. AND because you need another reason to love him, he cried while the star was being laid down then dedicated it to his wife Livia Giuggioli who was present.
“When I look down there at that star, it’s her name I see.” He then added, “I want to thank everybody who has accompanied me on this extraordinary journey, but probably more than anybody I could ever imagine Livia, who has walked every step of this with me joyfully and truthfully.”
Isn’t that just the sweetest?!
Also in attendance were Guy Pearce, Director Tom Hooper, and actress Claire Bloom. His star is neighbored by a fellow Brit, Emma Thompson with who he worked with on the Nanny McPhee movies.
Crossing fingers and toes that Mr. Firth takes home Oscar gold in February! Congrats!!
Photo Cred: Wire Image
- Colin Firth celebrates landmark birthday in Toronto
- Colin Firth brings The King’s Speech to Paris
- Colin Firth honored as Actor of the Year in London
- A Single Man brings the boys to the yard
- The Taormina Film Fest honors Colin Firth