- He Kane Hewa’ole:
- An Innocent Man
What was in the box? You really want to know don’t you? You’ve been tweeting about it all week. I’m going to tell you what’s in the box. Why? Because if you’d been paying attention to the promo shots all week, you’d have seen the severed head in the photo Kono (Grace Park) was showing to Dr. Watson (Reiko Aylesworth).
There is a pursuit on Kaluhaluha Hwy, headed toward Hooka Woopa Rd. I’m nearly positive that’s where Kono and Chin Ho got ahead. And, I’m very impressed that Kono’s car was able keep up with that chase. Way to promote that Chevy engine CSB! Sadly, the chasee rolled his car (silly Fords…) and lost both is life and his head. Well, not HIS head, but someone’s head.
McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin) order a master cylinder from Iowa to fix up his dad’s Mercury Marquis (cue squees from those of you who’ve been waiting for work on those wheels since the pilot). Too bad he didn’t learn Danno’s lesson on internet purchases; McG got a gear something or another, so no Marquis yet!
Chin Ho is always so crafty with the tech stuff. I think his career will soon be heading in the right direction again. He was able to bring the chasee’s GPS back to life and find out where he was headed. Combined with some medical insight from Hiro, I mean Max, McG and Chin Ho figure out where the fella was from and eventually his family.
McGarrett, who was awkward with kids earlier this season seems to have softened up a bit as tonight he chatted with the son of our dead chasee. Amputation is the theme tonight, little Ming Wa’s action figure was separated from his arm. Unlike Jack in the box, McGarrett was able to reattach this missing limb and send the boy off happy. Good to know that he’s better with kids, but I liked the awkwardness from before. It gave Danno something to excel in that McGarret didn’t.
While trying to identify the horseless headman, who had cancer FYI, Kono and Chin Ho wind up at the hospital where Chin’s ex works. Not only does she still wear the rings on a necklace, it turns out HE was the one to break it off with HER… Not the other way around as we all thought.
In all, I think it was a good episode. It showed a more tender side of McGarrett (a tender side that didn’t related to his sister that is). We’ve learned that we may not know as much as we thought about Chin’s romantic past. And, Danny finally got some props from McG when he went all super detective and figured out the crime.
Episode Side Notes:
- Conversation between McGarrett and Danno about cop TV shows… EXCELLENT writing! You’re both Estradas in my eyes boys.
- Awesome roll out of the car Danno! You never get the good action moves. I guess the knee is better, huh?
- Dead guy number 3, the one Danno rolled out of the car to get to, he co-started with Alex O’Loughlin on the fantastic but short-lived Moonlight.
- I thought True Blood’s Mariana Klaveno was going to be in this episode… Way to fail me IMDB! I guess I’ll be waiting another few weeks for her appearance.
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Be sure you don’t miss next week’s episode on SUNDAY night, after the AFC game. This will be the one with Jojo and Joel David Moore. Getting the honor of airing after the game shows that Hawaii Five-0 is really making headway at the network!
- PREVIEW: Hawaii Five-0 “He Kane Hewa’ole”
- REVIEW: Hawaii Five-0 – 1.16 “E Mālama”
- REVIEW: Hawaii Five-0 – Episode 1.12 “Hana ‘a’a Makehewa”
- REVIEW: Hawaii Five-0 – Episode 1.11 “Palekaiko”
- Hawaii Five-0: Chock full of Chin Ho