Folks in Spain no longer need to make the trek all the way to Los Angeles to sit amongst the stars! Madrid has opened up their very own version of the Hollywood Walk of Fame which honors twenty five Spanish film stars including Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas, and directors Pedro Almodovar and Alejandro Amenabar.
Cruz, Bardem, and Almodovar made a special appearance at the inaugural opening of the ‘Street of Stars’ in Madrid, Spain on Monday, June 27th, 2011. Although Antonio could not attend, he did forward a special message for the occasion.
“I am very grateful and honored to receive this star,” Banderas said in a message sent to the film academy.
Penelope is also a recent recipient of the 2,436th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, making her the first Spanish actress to receive the honor.
#7523200 Director Pedro Almodovar, actress Penelope Cruz, and her husband actor Javier Bardem pose during the opening of the 'street of stars' in Madrid, Spain on June 27th, 2011 Restriction applies: USA ONLY Fame Pictures, Inc - Santa Monica, CA, USA - +1 (310) 395-0500
Photo Cred: Fame Pictures
- Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem step out in Santa Monica
- Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz are a Biutiful couple
- Penelope Cruz takes a break on the set of ‘Venuto al Mondo’
- Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem take on the sea in Croatia
- Penelope Cruz denies pregnancy rumors; Bret Michaels says he’s not engaged