With celebrities rockin’ the color block trend from coast to coast, it was only a matter of time before it made it on the über fashionable show Gossip Girl! Twenty three year old Blake Lively looked carefree and hot! hot! hot! during a special West Coast shoot of the CW hit in Los Angeles, California on Friday, August 5th, 2011.
Joining her on set was her equally fashionable co-star Kaylee DeFer whose coral colored hat matched Blake’s blazer.
My favorite piece from Leonardo DiCaprio’s new squeeze is that stunning, grass green patent Louis Vuitton bag! She even combined the contrasting colors in her dangling earrings!
If you want to try some color blocking on your own its quite easy. Our friends over at Marshalls/TJ Maxx gives us these tips for doing this trend the right way.
Perfect for spring and summer, head to toe blocks of color are a clean, fresh, and confident look for the season. To create a great color-blocked look, try:
· Crisp sportswear like blazers and button-downs in rich jewel tones
· If you are curvy or short – this is a great option for you as it draws the eye up, up, up!
· Tops and bottoms in different shades with a solid or multicolored belt
· Contrasting trims around necklines and sleeves
· Consider accessories in flirty, feminine styles to add an extra dimension to your outfit
· Asymmetrical, brightly-colored skirts, dresses and tops to add interest to simple garments
· Bold-hued fabrics with beautiful draping and sheen like silk and satin
· Espadrilles for a pop of pattern, or strappy leather heels in browns and neutrals
Make sure to tune in to Gossip Girl for an all new season starting Monday, September 26th, 2011 at 8/7 c only on The CW.
#7698120 Actress Blake Lively jokes with her camera crew between filming some somber 'Gossip Girl' scenes, this afternoon in Los Angeles, Ca on August 5, 2011. Fame Pictures, Inc - Santa Monica, CA, USA - +1 (310) 395-0500
Photo Cred: Fame Pictures
- Live(ly) from the Gossip Girl set: Dan/Serena hug, Penn and Blake film scenes. Awkward?
- Blake Lively zips around set in Mini Cooper
- Blake Lively adds a punch of color at the Teen Choice Awards
- Newly married Blake Lively wants large family, get ready Ryan Reynolds!
- Blake Lively visits Letterman