Swinging playboy George Clooney looked dapper in a snazzy grey suit at the The Ides of March photocall held at Palazzo del Casino on Wednesday, August 31st, 2011 in Venice, Italy. Joining him were co-stars Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Marisa Tomei.
Already garnering rave reviews from critics, the political thriller opened up the 68th Venice International Film Festival today.
The Ides of March, which was also directed and co-written by Clooney, is based on the play by Beau Willimon and follows the frantic last days before a heavily contested Ohio presidential primary. The up-and-coming campaign press secretary finds himself involved in a political scandal that threatens to upend his candidate’s shot at the presidency.
Look out for it in U.S. theaters on October 7th, 2011.
Photo Cred: Wire Image
- George Clooney has a laugh on set
- Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei are fashion forward in NYC
- Evan Rachel Wood looks perfect in Valentino at Critics’ Choice Awards
- George Clooney shows off new girlfriend!
- George Clooney & Brad Pitt: Two for the price of one!