Madonna brought out the old Hollywood glamour while promoting her new movie W.E. at the Gucci Award for Women in Cinema in Venice. She’s channeling some Jayne Mansfield with that big hair and those glasses and I LOVE IT!!!!
“Silly earthlings, look away lest you be blinded by my fierceness.”
W.E. tells the story of King Edward VIII’s abdication of the British throne for the sake of his American lover, Wallis Simpson, and a modern counter-story starring Abbie Cornish as a New Yorker obsessed with Wallis. Think of it as sort of like Julia & Julia with better wardrobe. W.E. isn’t getting great reviews but at least we have a new album and tour to look forward to in 2012. I guess I had better start saving money now.
Check out the fabulous pics below.
- The Tudor’s star Natalie Dormer cast as Queen Elizabeth
- Madonna replaced by Louis Vuitton
- Madonna Shines at the Met
- Madonna’s daughter Lourdes gets into the groove
- Madonna leads the star-studded premiere of W.E. in NYC