It’s sad that New York Fashion Week is wrapping up today but we can’t say goodbye without talking about one of our favorite make-up straight off the red carpet from Marchesa! We got all the details directly from Laura Mercier as to what products were used last night so that you can recreate the ethereal and glamorous look for Fall/Winter 2012 at home.
Make-up artist Talia Shobrook worked her magic brushes on the models who hit the runway in front of celebrities and notable guests including Vogue editor Anna Wintour, film producer Harvey Weinstein, Bar Refaeli, Petra Nemcova, Stacy Keibler, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Olivia Palermo, Rachel Zoe, and Taylor Momsen.
Here are the details for the inspiration:
Marchesa’s Fall 2012 collection found inspiration in William Adolphe Bouguereaus’ famed 1878 portrait, “A Soul Brought to Heaven.” The classically angelic figures in the painting were brought to life in the collection through frothy tulles, embroidered brocades and pleated silks.
Talia Shobrook, the lead makeup artist for the show, drew from the otherworldly etherealness of the collection to create a makeup look that was “my vision of an angel, brought to life through a luminous palette.”
Here are the details on the products and technique:
Shobrook stated “iridescent, porcelain skin was the foundation of the look and evoked the untouched perfection of angels.”
· Talia first moisturized the skin with Laura Mercier Mega-Moisturizer Crème
· She then applied a mixture of Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance to the entire face to give it an iridescent base
· Next, she used Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation to lend the skin a porcelain, marbleized look
· Lastly, she highlighted the face with the mixture of Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance to give it luminosity
Talia then “applied a cherubic lip, with a stained effect to modernize the look.”
· Talia mixed Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot and Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Haute Red (NEW: Available Fall 2012) and applied to the center of the mouth
· She then pressed in the color with her fingertips to allow the pigment to bleed outwards
According to Shobrook, “the ethereal eye lent an incandescent glow to the entire look.”
· Talia first applied Laura Mercier NEW Eye Canvas to the lid to set a base
· Next, she applied the Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Moonshine (NEW: Available Fall 2012) as a liner around the entire edge of the eye
· Laura Mercier Center Faux Lashes were used to give the eye a rounded shape
· Talia finished by applying several coats of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara