As the cast of MGM’s remake of Stephen King’s first novel Carrie comes together I get more and more excited about it. I typically turn my large nose up at remakes but something about this one makes me tingle in special places.
Chloe Moretz (Let Me In, The Amityville Horror) is set to put on the famous prom dress for director Kimberly Pierce and now Julianne Moore has been offered the crucial role of Carrie White’s uber-religious and sexually repressed mother Margaret, a role that Piper Laurie played brilliantly in the 1976 original. I hope she takes it because I think she’d be perfect!
Who do you think should play the sympathetic teacher Mrs. Snell? Or the evil jock who did nasty things with a bucket of pigs blood?
- Paramount digs up Pet Sematary
- Julianne Moore and Steve Coogan get to work on ‘What Maisie Knew’
- Julianne Moore & Amanda Seyfried look lovely in London
- Warner Brothers snags The Stand
- Dark Tower dead in the water