Two of my favorite fellow Latinas are being considered “best dressed” on many websites this morning! Zoe Saldana and Joan Smalls rocked the red carpet at the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards held at Alice Tully Hall on Monday, June 4th, 2012 in New York City. Both ladies appeared on the arms of lauded fashion designers — Zoe with Prabal Gurung and Joan with Michael Kors.
Saldana, who owes her enviable figure to her past as a ballet dancer and kick-ass movies roles in films Colombiana and The Losers, looked stunning in a floor-length black gown with sheer cut-outs by Gurung himself.
Puerto Rican beauty Joan Smalls showed off her runway bod in a white dress which looked fabulous with her tan skin tone. Even designer Michael Kors seemed to be floored by how beautiful she looked!
Gorgeous supermodel Joan Smalls rocking my white tank gown at the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards, Kors wrote via Facebook. What a knockout!
So proud of these ladies for keeping Latinas in the forefront!
Photo Cred: Wire
- Joan Smalls honored by Estée Lauder in Miami
- Joan Smalls and Liu Wen rock Estee Lauder at Derek Lam
- Zoe Saldana brings some flower power to Cannes
- Zoe Saldana catches Calvin Klein in New York
- Zoe Saldana gets parking ticket, remains sexy while doing so