Ever since Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton, the brunette beauty became the most watched woman in the world! Women from across the globe watched was she wore, how her make-up was applied, what products she uses– and it hasn’t slowed down since!
Topping the news today is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and her fabulous eye brows. How does she get them looking so sharp? British publication, The Daily Mail claims a make-up artist at the Bobbi Brown counter in London taught the 30-year-old how to to create the impression of thicker, darker brows with eye shadow.
So for any of my ladies out there looking to take part in one of the hottest trends of the season, keep reading! As much as you might love Catherine’s brows, don’t run out just yet to purchase the “Saddle” color she uses! Use the following guide when choosing a shade.
Color Guide: The color choices should be matte powders
Blonde- wheat, cement, grey
Grey/Silver- cement, grey, slate
Red/Auburn-blonde, taupe, sable or Rich Brown
Brunette-Blonde or Sable
Black/Dark Brown-Mahogany, Rich Brown, Smoke or Saddle
Once you’ve chosen the shade that works for you, these are the steps you should follow in order to achieve brows like The Duchess.
1. Use a mascara wand brush (or get a disposable mascara wand at a makeup counter) to brush up brows. This makes it easier to see where you need to fill in the brow and where hairs need to be removed.
2. Start where you need the color the most.
3. Lightly stroke along the length of the brow.
4. Use light, feathery strokes.
5. Fill in color along the upper edge of the brow. Continue all the way up the arch turning the brush as in goes down.
6. Square the front of the brow and to make sure the brow is long enough, use a mascara wand or brush to measure a line from the outer corner of the eye to the end of the brow tail.
If you have any worries about either finding the perfect shade or how to perfect the above technique, you can visit any Bobbi Brown counter where they offer make-up lessons. They have a 20-minute one specific to brows, aptly named “Everything Brows”. While we can’t confirm this is the exact class given to Kate across the pond, I am certain you will be on your way to fabulous brows by the time you are done!
The video below also has some great tips from Bobbi Brown herself. One thing you should always remember is that make-up washes off and you should just have some fun with it!