New mommy Gaby Espino looked stunning during the inaugural Premios Tu Mundo on Thursday, August 30th, 2012 at the Fillmore Miami Beach. Alongside hottie Rafael Amaya, Espino served as hosts for the evening that celebrated pop culture and combined the power of television, web, mobile and social media platforms.
Gaby had quite a few outfit, hair, and make-up changes throughout the night and we wanted to feature our favorite: The Messy Fishtail Braid. Marcos Carrasquillo, Gaby’s hairstylist for Premios Tu Mundo, gave us the breakdown on how you can replicate this look at home with just three products.
Inspiration: As Gaby Espino was the official host of the FIRST-EVER Premios Tu Mundo, Marcos wanted to keep Gaby Espino’s look modern and fun. For her first look as presenter of the awards show, Marcos gave Gaby a trendy messy braid to maintain the feel of effortless beauty.
* L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold Unscented ($14.99)
* L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Volume Root Lifting Spray & Volume Boosting Mousse ($6.99 each)
* L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment with Argan Oil from Morocco ($6.99)
Step by Step How-To:
* Marcos began by wetting Gaby’s hair and applied a generous amount of L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Boosting Mousse before using a hairdryer to blow it dry using only his fingers to give hair texture
* Marcos then parted Gaby’s hair on the side and applied a tiny drop of L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil to tame frizz hair and achieve softer strands and a luminous shine
* He then braided her hair with the fishtail technique making sure to keep the look messy and pulling out a few strands using his fingers
* Marcos completed Gaby’s look with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray – Extra Strong Hold Unscented to keep hair in place for her first look.
Not only was Gaby a big winner on the red carpet but she also took home the award for being the “Most Social”. If you follow her on Twitter you know how much love she shows to fans as well as hunky boyfriend Jencarlos Canela!