It looks like Kate Winslet wanted to ring in the new year a married woman! News is spreading across the internet like wildfire that the multiple award winner married fellow Brit Ned Rocknroll early this month in New York City. Though the gossip has yet to be confirmed, it’s not stopped anyone from discussing “super secret” details about the ceremony including a rumor that Kate’s Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio gave her away!
This would be a third marriage for Winslet (who was previously wed to director Jim Threapleton from 1998 to 2001 and director Sam Mendes from 2003-2010) and a second for Rocknroll, who is the nephew of British Business Magnate (hello Virgin Airlines!) Richard Branson.
Here is a rundown of the yet unconfirmed rumors (Mirror UK):
* Over the summer whispers suggested the couple had quietly become engaged.
* Neither Kate’s nor Ned’s parents were present for the nuptials
* Kate’s children Mia and Joe were in attendance
* The ceremony took place in a converted barn
* Ned’s brother Jack was best man
US Weekly is “confirming” the news though reps for neither bride nor groom are talking. Let’s hope third time is a charm for lovely Kate and her dashing groom!
- Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll dress like twins for long flight home
- Kate Winslet breaks her silence in Harper’s Bazaar UK
- Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes split
- Kate Winslet steps out with new boyfriend
- Kate Winslet and her brood