One of the most important months of the year is October– and it’s not due to Halloween! Breast Cancer Awareness Month kicked-off on October 1st and is soon to be wrapping up on the 31st, but it’s never too late to follow some healthy living tips that could help improve your life. One of the main points that we would like to help companies like Estee Lauder focus on this month is screening. If any type of cancer is caught in its early stages, you have a much better chance of surviving.
Here are some other tips that could help you:
1. Know Your Body
- Examine your breasts regularly, and report any changes to your physician.
2. Get Screened:
- See your doctor regularly for breast exams in your 20′s and 30′s.
- Also, get annual mammogram if you are 40 years old and older. If you happen to be high risk, please do so earlier.
3. Stay Fit
- Make friends with fruits and vegetables. Their fiber, antioxidants, and other nutrients can help you keep a balanced diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Extra weight means extra risk.
- Limit your alcohol intake, and toast to a healthier life.
- Do not smoke, and quit if you already do.
- Focus on fitness. To reduce your risk of breast cancer, The American Cancer Society recommends 45-60 minutes of intentional physical activity five or more days a week.
For more information visit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation via this link.