With red carpet season behind us, I catch myself glancing at my favorite photos from the various events looking for make-up inspiration for the spring/summer. Two of the looks that I liked the most were from Sofia Vergara at the Academy Awards and Janelle Monae from the Grammy Awards.
Both ladies kept their looks simple-yet-glam by adding a pop of color to either their eyes or their lips. This is the big beauty trend for the season: flawless skin while highlighting one feature.
Getting this look at home is pretty simple and you can achieve each one with nearly the same steps. Here is the breakdown of products and steps.
Products Used To Achieve Sofia Vergara’s Look:
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Soft Honey
COVERGIRL TRUblend Minerals Bronzer in Golden Sunrise
COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Natural Rose
COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Silver Lilac and Purple Pop
COVERGIRL ClumpCrusher Mascara by LashBlast COVERGIRL LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner
Herbal Essences Shine Collection
Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Tousling Styling Crème
1. I put on Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream that is great for hydrating the skin. (not shown in photo)
2. With a foundation brush, I applied COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Soft Honey. This is their newest product and it left my face looking dewy and fresh! New fave! (photo 1)
3. Since eye shadow can fall on your face during application, I like to start with eye make-up. I used a combination of COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Silver Lilac and Purple Pop. (photo 2)
4. Next I used COVERGIRL LiquiLine Blast Eyeliner in Black Fire. (photo 3)
5. Another favorite product is COVERGIRL ClumpCrusher Mascara by LashBlast. This stuff is amazing and there hasn’t been a clump in sight since I started using it a month ago! (photo 4)
6. For blush, I used COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Natural Rose on the apples of my cheeks. The little blush brush that comes with the blush is perfectly sized to target the right spot. (photo 5)
7. To finish my make-up look I applied COVERGIRL TRUblend Minerals Bronzer in Golden Sunrise as a highlighter. I had never used this product before and I really loved it. The one tip I will give you is that a little bit goes a long way.
8. I washed my hair with Herbal Essences Shine Collection shampoo and conditioner before doing my make-up. (no photo)
9. White it was still humid, I added Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly Tousling Styling Crème to my hair while scrunching it up. If you want it with deeper waves you can use a hair iron or hot rollers after the product is added.
As I mentioned previously, most of the products and techniques used on Sofia’s look will be used when getting Janelle’s Grammy look. Two things are different, instead of using purple eye shadow; we are using gold to keep it neutral since our focus will remain on the lips.
Products Used To Achieve Janelle Monae’s Look
COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Soft Honey
COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Natural Rose
COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Scarlet Twist
COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy
COVERGIRL ClumpCrusher Mascara by LashBlast
COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast Eyeliner
COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Golden Sunrise
Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash
1. Follow steps 2-3 (after showering with Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash), using COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Golden Sunrise during step 2. The color is gorgeous and will look well on women of all shades. Just sweep across the lid with an eyeshadow brush or with the applicator brush that comes with the shadow.
2. Follow steps 4-6.
3. Using COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Scarlet Twist, line your lips and then fill it in with the same pencil.
4. I’m so loving COVERGIRL’s nail polish collection and our girl Janelle used Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy. Give yourself a manicure that matches those sexy red lips!
5. Add a pretty hat and you got the look! Just don’t forget to use your Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response deodorant before heading out the door!